The Science Forum South Africa (SFSA) is a two-day science conference held at the CSIR in Pretoria to foster public engagement on science and technology and also showcases science in the country. Seven things that Minister of Science and Technology Naledi Pandor wants people to do at the end of SFSA are:
– To call on governments and institutions to invest in science and innovation in Africa;
– For communities to be informed about science and be encouraged to value it;
– Partnerships between government and other institutions around science;
– Increased investments in the health sciences as this will be direct investment in improving the quality of life;
– More effort be put in fostering African and global science collaboration;
– For youth to be encouraged to prize knowledge.